I made some DELICIOUS french toast this morning and thought I would share the recipe:
Beazley House Creme Caramel Overnight French Toast
9 Servings
1 loaf French bread, cut into 8-9 pieces
1 1/2 cups liquid egg substitute
2 1/2 cups nonfat milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon ground allspice
1 tablespoon vanilla
For CREME CARAMEL SAUCE:
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup lowfat margerine
1/2 cup light corn syrup
Before preparing the french toast mixture, melt butter and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Then stir in brown sugar and bring to a rolling boil. Let boil for 1-2 minutes. While the caramel is hot, pour into your Pam sprayed 9 1/2 x 13 inch baking pan and chill in refrigerater for about 10-15 minutes. Press french bread slices into caramel, then chill for an additional 10-15 minutes. You'll know it's ready when a light touch leaves your fingerprint in the caramel.
Mix all remaining ingredients and pour carefully over the bread. *you don't want your bread to float (this is why pressing it into the caramel and then letting it set is important!)*
Cover and refrigerate over night.
In AM preheat the oven and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until set.
When serving, flip the pieces over onto the plate so the melted caramel sauce drips down all over your french toast.
YUMMY!
and oh so healthy...
1 comment:
Hmmm, not sure about this recipe. I think you should should bring some over so I can be sure.
Post a Comment