Monday, January 25, 2010

Stayin' Alive

At Colby's b-day party, we had live goldfish as part of the table decor. We gave several away, some went into my parents' koi pond and then here were our only leftovers...
Thing 1, Horton and Thing 2

I am quite surprised and astonished to say that after 2 whole months - they're still alive and well! I have quite a long history of bad luck with fish...

I think I was probably about 5 when I decided my older brother Clint's fish needed a "bath" and put soap in their tank to clean them up...
Then in high school I had one of those cool plants that you put a fish underneath (I've long forgotten what you call those) and after about 10 fish in half as many months I gave up!
Then when I was in Idaho going to school Kyle bought me a little fish tank and we kept fish in there. While I was home one weekend, my roommates went through several fish trying to disguise the fact that mine had died - when I got home I found a note that said something like "the carnage has to stop! we will kill no more innocent fish!" We were done with the fish tank after that...

So needless to say I'm on quite a roll with these 3 goldfish in a simple little bowl.

I hope that I haven't just jinxed myself!

3 comments:

Cara Cummings said...

Ours are still alive too! I guess you bought immortal goldfish.

Camille said...

Ha! I still remember your first YaYa hat with the fish... and the pickle!

Drew said...

That was a bloody bloody weekend in college when we killed all your fish. The worst was that the whole thing started because we thought "Callie is such an awesome roommate, let's clean her fish tank for her!" Sometimes doing a good deed does NOT pay!