Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Item of the Week

My mom introduced me to this cleaner and I am in love...
It's called Bar Keepers Friend and I use it for my glass cooktop.
Last week when unloading groceries from the car, one of the bags turned the stove on (yikes!). I didn't notice until I had gone to the car and came back to put more groceries on the stove. By this time, the stove had melted through the plastic grocery bag and my garlic salt (plastic container and all). So you can imagine the mess and the smell was pretty nasty. After it cooled, I sprinkled a little of this on the mess and
poof! with just a few swipes the whole mess disappeared. No scrubbing for hours! MIRACLE!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that is wow!

Cara Cummings said...

Capital S-T-I-N-K-Y!

ky+i=vy said...

yayy - i need such a cleaner . . . i moved into this place and it looked as though it had NEVER been cleaned! i would keep it as wiped down as i could, but the ingrained grease and grime was too overwhelming.
just before my parents came down this last weekend a friend and i worked on cleaning it, but nothing does the job . . . hopefully this one will!