Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Actual Birthday

So I'm catching up - but here's all of the fun!
Colby's 1st birthday was a great day - church, relax, gifts, cake :-)

He loved his gift even before it was put together...
He was sooooo excited, he just had to help daddy put it together!
Lesson learned - assemble toys BEFORE showing them to your child. It took about an hour to put together (it's more complicated than it looks!) but the end result was priceless!
Needless to say, he loved his little car :-)
And then came the cake!!!
So not being a very good planner, all I had in the cupboard to make was triple chocolate fudge cake - probably not the best thing to give a 1 year old. But it was his birthday so I couldn't say no!
Was there ever any doubt that he wouldn't LOVE it! Here are the remains...
Surprisingly, he slept well even after all of that sugar ;-) Happy Birthday Little Man!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Happy, happy Birthday Colby Bug!