Saturday, December 5, 2009

Party Time!

WARNING - this post contains a LOT of pictures. I narrowed them down from 300! Thanks to Debbie for taking so many - we will definitely have lots of memories from this fun day!

It's your Day of all Days! It's the Best of the Best! So don't waste a minute! Hop to it! Get dressed!



If we didn't have birthdays, you wouldn't be you. If you'd never been born, well then what would you do? If you'd never been born, well then what would you be? You might be a fish! Or a toad in a tree!


You might be a doorknob! Or three baked potatoes! You might be a bag full of hard green tomatoes.



Or worse than all that . . Why you might be a WASN'T! A Wasn't has no fun at all. No, he doesn't.




A Wasn't just isn't. He just isn't present. But you . . . You are YOU! And, now isn't that pleasant!




Today, eat whatever you want. Today no one tells you you cawnt or you shawnt. And, today, you don't have to be tidy or neat. If you wish, you may eat with both hands and both feet. So get in there and munch. Have a big munch-er-oo! Today is your birthday! Today you are you!





Come on! Open your mouth and sound off at the sky! Shout loud at the top of your voice, "I AM I!



ME! I am I! And I may not know why but I know that I like it. Three cheers! I AM I!


Your Big Birthday Party soon starts to begin In the finest Pal-alace you've ever been in! Now this Birthday Pal-alace, as soon you will see, Has exactly nine thousand, four hundred and three rooms to play games in!

First we're greeted by Drummers who drum as they come. And next come the Strummers who strum as they come.



And the Drummers who drum and the Strummers who strum are followed by Zummers who come as they zum.


Just look at those Zummers! They're sort of like Plumbers. They come along humming, with heads in their plumbing and that makes the music that Zummers call zumming!


And all of this beautiful zumming and humming and plumbing and strumming and drumming and coming . .
















All of it, all of it, All is for you!




If you'd vere been born, then you might be an ISN'T! An Isn't has no fun at all. No he disn't. He never has birthdays, and that isn't pleasant. You have to be born, or you don't get a present.

A Present! A-ha! Now what kind shal I give . . . ? Why, the kind you'll remember as long as you live!


I'll have it shipped home to you, Birthday Express. That costs quite a lot. But I couldn't care less. Today is your birthday! Today You are You! So what if it costs me a thousand or two.


Today is your birthday! You get what you wish! You also might like a nice Time-Telling Fish.

But, speaking of time . . Why, good gracious alive! That Time-Telling Fish says it's quarter to five! I had no idea it was getting so late! We have to get going! We have a big date!



















And here comes your cake! Cooked by Snookers and Snookers, The Official Katree Happy Birthday Cake Cookers. And Snookers and Snookers, I'm happy to say, Are the only cake cookers who cook cakes today. Made of guaranteed, certified strictly Grade-A peppermint cucumber sausage-paste butter! And the world's finest cake slicers, Dutter and Dutter and Dutter and Dutter, with hatchets a-flutter, High up on the poop deck, stand ready to cut her.

Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive that is you-er than you!



Shout loud, "I am lucky to be what I am! Thank goodness I'm not just a clam or a ham or a dusty old jar of sour gooseberry jam!


I am what I am! That's a great thing to be!

If I say so myself, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!"

When it ends, you're much happier, richer and fatter. And the Bird flies you home on a very soft platter. So that's what the Birthday Bird does in Katroo. And I wish I could do All these great things for you!

4 comments:

Breezy said...

So stinkin adorable!!!!! The party, Colby, everything really!

And you are gorgeous as well!!!!

Cara Cummings said...

It was cute Callie! Good Job!

Camille said...

Great post!

Monique said...

Amazing! Super cute! You really did a great job!