The lack of posts in the last month or so has been due to several factors, some good, some not. That's life, right?
My camera is not working well - so pictures are few and far between and mostly taken from my iPhone. New camera is not necessarily on the priority list at the moment, though...
I took and passed my RNC-NIC exam in January! Yay!!!
I have been doing A LOT of designing projects lately. So I spend more than an hour (sometimes 3-4) almost everyday working on projects. Don't get me wrong, I love doing them - it's great to be able to create things and make people happy. Invitations, posters, announcements, newsletters, etc. Truthfully, it's getting to be a little too much for now. I haven't had time to work on any of my own projects, and I would love to spend more time with my kiddos and my house - that's why I'm home to begin with, right? So at the risk of offending or disappointing anyone who may be asking, I'm taking a big leap and deciding to say NO for the time being. If it's not part of my church calling, I'm going to have to decline. Just temporarily until I get my other projects in order. I have dreams of opening an Etsy shop with my designs, which may or may not happen, but when I'm ready to design again, I'll let you know.
The dairy business is still going strong. We stopped raising our own calves back in January due to a sweeping illness that killed about 6 in a row. We decided to take a break, send them to the calf ranch and focus on other areas. It's a big sigh of relief, to be honest. It frees up the kids and I in the afternoons to get more done and takes the stress off of Kyle and I of keeping those fragile calves healthy. Kyle works really hard keeping everything running over there pretty much by himself and is doing a really good job. I'm really proud of all of his hard work to grow our business and teach our kids how to work hard. There's something about farming that is just so special. It's mostly a thankless, dirty, all-consuming job but somehow ends up being very rewarding. Someone at work asked me what my husband did one day. I responded that we had a dairy and she said, "People still do that?!?!" Um, yeah. Where do you think milk and cheese and butter and ice cream and all of those other yummy dairy products come from? It's amazing how little people know about the food they eat!
Colby is starting baseball again. We decided to move him up to Little League this year. He won't be the biggest and best on the team, but he'll hopefully learn a lot more about how the game is played, which he wasn't getting in T-ball. He loves going and is really excited about this season.
Maci's bday is coming up... can't believe my baby is almost 3. She decided on a Princess & Knight theme. Should be fun :)
Another thing coming up: Kindergarten registration. I'm really not ready for this. Keeping our fingers crossed we get approved for an interdistrict transfer as the school district we live in is not so bueno.
OK, blog is updated for now - onto my list of other things I need to tackle!
Just do the next thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment