Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Independence Celebrations!

July 3 - BBQ at Nana & Papa Robison's and fireworks!
I was not such a great photographer here.  Swimming with kiddos doesn't lend to much picture taking...  We did have lots of fun, though!  Swimming with LOTS of our friends and family, yummy hamburgers and sides, dessert, then fireworks!

 I made these cute dessert skewers :)
 The kids loved them!
 Then we headed to Caruthers for the firework show.  The kids love running around the parking lot with their glowsticks more than the actual fireworks, I think!

Oh and there's the ice cream cones.  They love that, too. 
 Happy 3rd!
 On the 4th, we go to Grandma and Papa's for more fun!
 This pic was from last year - fun to look at the differences... and the similarities!
The kids are growing more patient with Mommy's endless picture taking.
 We ate delicious ribs and sides, then swam for well over an hour.
What's next... hmmm... ice cream cones!
 Colby ended up with a Hitler mustache.  Silly boy!
 The kids were being crazy.  This is so typical of Colby and Ty - always rough housing!
 Strike a pose, Keegan!
 It's almost dark, let's go set up the fireworks show!
 With 3 families buying fireworks, we end up with a lot.  This wasn't even half!  The kids couldn't wait, so we did some small ones even before dark.
 The kids especially like the little poppers that you can throw!
I was testing a million different settings on my camera, so all of the pictures are different and a little wonky.  I've had my camera 2.5 years and I still don't know how to use it!
Maci and Kayden
 We pulled the golf carts around for seating :)  Classy, right?
 Kyle is our official firework master :)  Notice how the picture is all dusty looking?  Trying to AVOID that...
 One of the few good shots I got.  Love this one!
 Here you go kid, this stick has fire on the end that is 1200 degrees.  Play with it!
 Happy Independence Day!

1 comment:

lilybit said...

Keep snapping! I think even people that really k now what they are doing have to take a ton of pictures before they get one that they love. Happy fourth!