MAY 5, 2012
A big day for our little Medeiros Fam!
Kyle Medeiros Dairy officially started milking cows :)
We are renting a dairy only a few miles from home and beginning a new adventure of running and operating our own herd of Jersey cows.
Not sure if you can really get the look from these pictures, but everything is painted PINK. Not quite sure why, but pink is my favorite color, so it's not so bad for me! Colby loves the new dairy and asks everyday if we can go to the "pink dairy-o."
We've been milking our cows at Kyle's parents dairy for some time now, so all we had to do was load them up in the trailer and move them over.
The girls went pretty easily into their new pen. Made themselves at home and got right to eating.
Kyle checking out his herd in their new home.
The kids like it!
After a morning of hauling the cows, we went home for a nap then came back to see if we could convince them to go into their new barn. Not an easy task for stubborn Jerseys!
Luckily we had a lot of help. Melvin, Kelley, Mel, Tony Cox and Joey came to help us for the first milking. What a task! I helped where I could, but keeping the little ones out of the pen and in a safe spot kept me busy!
Got milk? We do!
After a lot of hard work, we treated the troops to pizza. Colby was excited about that part!
We have only a little over 80 milking cows right now, but we will gradually grow.
I'm not sure that we can fully understand or appreciate what we are getting ourselves into at this point! It's going to be a ton of hard work and sacrifice, but we pray that it is a good move and a wise choice for our family. Even though Kyle's worked on his family dairy his whole life, I'm sure there's still a lot to be learned, and I personally have A TON to learn, but I have one hard-working husband and I know we will keep it all together somehow!
+4x6.jpg)
1 comment:
so so cool- I'd love to see you dairy sometime!
Post a Comment