Friday, November 11, 2011

Can You Dig It?

We celebrated Colby's 3rd birthday wth a construction themed party - his choice.
I wasn"t super excited at first, I had other plans in mind, but once we settled on it and I looked up ideas, I was excited, too. It turned out to be quite a fun party to plan - and hopefully more fun to attend ;)
Guests were directed to the party zone from the road...
You are now entering the party zone!

The crew had to check-in and get their work gear, a hard hat and tool apron.


Cami was the first member of the crew to arrive.


Gift table (before the gifts arrived).


A sign that I made. Kyle's addition was the idea of using bolts to hold each letter in place, which he was VERY proud of and quick to bring to everyone's attention!

Even our statues were ready for construction fun.

Table decorations - The sign says "I Dig Being 3."


Now for the important part - the food! We had french dips and deli sandwiches, potato salad, fruit salad and chips.


I made the little construction labels our of popsicle sticks.


One of my favorite parts - each kid got their own construction cone cup.


Now they could fuel up before the work began!


Their first assignment: DIG! There were prizes buried in the sandbox for them to find as they worked.


Next task: BUILD!

A little glue and dowels...


a little hammering...


a lot of muscle...


Ta-Da! Their very own toolbox!


Last task: PAINT!

















I found this color-me cardbpard playhouse online. Add some paint sticks, and these kids had a blast!



I would be proud to play in this anyday.
Now that the work was done, time to open lots of presents! Colby got great gifts and we are very grateful for that! He loved it all.


Time for cake - thanks Auntie Christa. You out-did yourself again!

Now that is something we could dig into!


I really can't believe my little man is 3 already. I think he enjoyed the party so it was well worth all of the work. Happy Birthday Foreman Colby!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so so much fun for my munchkins! Spencer still wears the hard hats around the house- (today I found him wearing ONLY that).