Saturday, October 22, 2011

6 Months!



Holey Moley I can't believe that 6 months has gone by already! Our not so little Maci is such a joy and we are loving every minute. She is 26 1/4 inches (75th) and 19lb. 8oz. (off the chart!). Compared to Colby she weighs almost a pound less, but is also 2 inches shorter! So her chubs show a little more than his ever did.

We started her on solids last month, and so far she has taken rice cereal, carrots, peas and sweet potatoes. None of which she is super excited about, but she'll eat them. She is still breastfeeding all of the time - can you tell?

She does not sleep through the night - in fact I think her sleep pattern has gotten worse :( She's in her crib and wakes every 2-3 hours wanting mom to nurse her back to sleep. I think the only thing that is going to break that habit is some tough love, which I'm not quite ready to do yet...

She rolls to her belly, but pretty much refuses to roll to her back once she's there. She'll play a little while, then just scream until someone comes to pick her up or roll her back over. She can sit up for short periods of time by herself, which she likes to do. She grabs at everything (especially faces and hair).

She gets the giggles sometimes and it is very cute - on the other hand she can get pretty fussy and be a bear to deal with (especially when Mommy has been gone at work all day ... sorry to my baby-sitters!). For the most part, she's happy though.

Definitely a Mommy's girl so far, although Daddy can make her laugh like no other.

She LOVES her brother. She's always got her eye on him and wants to see what he's doing and get in on the action if possible.

6 months already?!? Where does time go?

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Aww! Good luck with the night sleeping. It really did just take tough love for LuLu, and now she does great. It wasn't easy though... She was about 9 months when I finally had enough. I'm sure you'll get there!