Sunday, November 15, 2009

ONE!

My baby boy turned 1 today :-)
And to celebrate, he had to wear his birthday suit to church.

(Thanks to Asher for his hand-me-downs!)

So here's an update on our little guy
(as if you really need one, this entire blog is about him)

-He has been walking for about a month now and now thinks it's time to run! His balance and coordination are actually getting pretty good. Also loves to climb on everything - is that a boy thing or a toddler thing?

-He eats just about everything in sight. Occasionally though, he finds the peas that I hide in foods and spits them out like cherry pits - pretty entertaining!

-He's FINALLY sleeping through the night! YAY!!!!!

-He weighs in at about 24 pounds (we go to the doctor in a few weeks for his 1 year check up a little late).

-He loves to play outside in the grass and leaves and in his sandbox.

-He has started to sing and dance along. He actually knows the tune to "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" really well, but obviously doesn't know how to say the words. In church, he likes to be the chorister and lead the music. And when songs come on during commercials or during his favorite Disney shows, he gets up and dances along - it's soooo cute :-)

-He still loves to read. His favorite books are "Moo, Baa, La La La" and any book about tractors.

-He's got 8 teeth and I think he's working on 2 more...

-He's definitely a growing boy, and keeps us constantly entertained! He looks a lot like his dad, but I like to think he got my social personality :-) I can't believe it's already been a year. I wish I could freeze him at this age - he's just so much darn fun!

Birthday party is coming up, so I'll post more after that chaos is over!

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh my gosh, handsome little man!!! Congrats on your first year as a parent too. I'd like to see a list of all the things you've learned in the past year! =)

Camille said...

Happy Birthday dear Colby Colb! I love watching you grow big and smart!

Cara Cummings said...

Handsome boy! It has been a quick year, but yes fun! He does have quite the personality now! Such a fun age!

Unknown said...

So cute! Happy birthday Colby! :)

Unknown said...

So cute in his birthday suit.(He is heavier than cami- she's at 23.6 lbs ) Can't wait to hear about the dr S. party!