Colby has never been a child to turn down food. We started giving him baby food a little early at 4 months because he was a big boy and needed something more than just mommy's milk (even though I am a great milk cow!). He never really met a jar of baby food that he didn't like. By about 7 months old he was eating 2 jars of baby food for breakfast, lunch and dinner plus nursing in between. I was buying soooo much baby food at the store that the check-out girls were looking at me funny. But he loves to eat, so we let him have whatever he wanted!
Now, we've started introducing a lot more "real" food. Let me tell you, when your baby is starting to eat what you eat, it makes you think a lot harder about what you eat! In this picture, he is eating whole grain pasta, carrots and chicken:
.JPG)
He loves cheese, grapes, rice, any kind of meat really, etc. He likes to feed himself so much that all of the sudden he doesn't think that mommy spooning him baby food is all that great anymore. Which saves a lot on our grocery bill, I guess but it makes it harder to make sure that he is getting a good variety of foods (veggies in particular, since Kyle won't eat them so I rarely make them). So I still try to squeeze in some baby food so he gets some green things in his diet.
And of course, he still nurses quite a bit, too. People have told me that since he likes to eat so much, weaning should be easy, but I'm not so sure. He's pretty attached to that time with his momma!
And since he's still attached to mom, daddy must have his time with him, too. However he can get it! Here they are bonding over a carton of ice cream:
.JPG)
Oh my little piglet, I will never have to worry about you going hungry!
5 comments:
lucky you-
i thought very similar things not so long ago- we hit 14 or so months and my happy eater is trying out what it is like to be picky.
lucky you-
i thought very similar things not so long ago- we hit 14 or so months and my happy eater is trying out what it is like to be picky.
Thank goodness he eats!
One thing that has made life easier for me is I buy the little containers of diced and cut up veggies (I find them in the vegetable isle...I think they are microwaveable). They aren't as expensive as baby food, but still not as cheap as buying in bulk. I think it is worth it because I like how convenient they are. Most of my meals aren't balanced meals so I can just pop open a container of green beans for him to eat instead. Although, it isn't a bad thing getting more vegetables into your diet too :)
Colby reminds me so much of Jared, never met a food he didn't like. Jared was a 9 jar a day kid though:0 Josh eats 6 jars of baby food a day too. Wish he'd grow some teeth so we could start on table food. I'd welcome the break in the grocery bill:)
Save some room for later Augustus!!
Post a Comment