Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Still Attached

I was finally able to remove my catheter on Monday and I couldn't have been happier. However, 5 hours later I had a very full bladder and still couldn't use it to get anything out! I got the pleasure of going to the ER to get yet another catheter. Boo. So I am still attached to this awful thing. I guess to look on the bright side, I don't ever have to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.

I saw a urologist today (they specialize in these things) and he didn't seem too worried about the problem, which was kind of comforting. He gave me a plan to help re-train my bladder to work again, and I'm going to follow up with him next week. It's a step in some direction that will hopefully fix the problem so I am happy with that!

Meanwhile, Colby is still doing great. We went to a lactation nurse as a follow-up yesterday and he has already gained his birth weight back and then some. I'm making plenty of milk for him and he's definitely a good nurser. That makes me very happy!

Colby's umbilical cord fell off today. It's great cuz now I can give him a real bath, but I have to admit it made me a little sad. I already feel like he's growing too fast. I don't have a newborn anymore, I have an infant! OK, I know I'm a dork.

No comments: