Well it's been over a week now since our baby boy was born, but I thought I would catch everyone up on what happened after the birth.
We were extremely lucky (and I let everyone know I was a NICU nurse) and they gave us the last private room on the post-partum floor. What a blessing that was! Kyle got to stay with me and Colby the entire time and he even got his own bed to sleep in! It was also nice not to have to share a bathroom with a complete stranger. Kyle was a wonderful helper in the hospital - I never changed one diaper and he helped me out tremendously. I could not have survived without him there!
We ended up staying a total of 4 days in the hospital, because of a minor setback in my recovery. Apparently Colby was smashed so tight up against my bladder (that's why I had to pee so much the last few weeks!) that my bladder became inflamed after he came out. I had a lot of blood in my urine following the c-section and that made my bladder not want to work anymore. To spare all of the gorey details, I was eventually sent home with the catheter in so that my bladder could rest and was told to leave it in until this coming Monday. I will be celebrating the second I can get rid of this awful thing!
We came home on Tuesday evening and couldn't be happier to have our little one home with us. We are adjusting to life as a family of 3 and are enjoying every minute of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment