Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Showers Galore

Today was #3 out of 4 showers for me and baby Colby! The first was for the Medeiros side (see pictures below), the second was the Robison side and the ward, today's was for work, and there will be one more given by my friends from school. Wow! I'm spoiled and blessed!

We have received so many great things for Colby and it has been such a huge help to have baby showers to alleviate some of the cost of becoming a parent. I never imagined that one little person could require so many things! There are still some things that we need to get, but the multiple baby showers have really really helped :-)



I always get nervous before the showers. All of those people are there for me (and baby) and the attention is on me. They will watch as I open every gift and check my expression to see if I like it, they'll wait for my reaction. Then there are those who are probably more there out of obligation and get bored with all the ooh-ing and aah-ing. In the end, I always end up having lots of fun and really appreciating the company, the yummy food, and of course the gifts! I don't know why I get so nervous - showers are nice things that people give you because they love you. I should be grateful - not nervous.



These pictures are from the Medeiros shower. I haven't gotten pictures from my mom from the Robison shower and I totally forgot to take pictures today (silly me!).

(That's mommy on the left, daddy on the right and baby Colby in the middle)


Kyle is also very grateful for all of the great things we have gotten. Every time I bring home a gift that requires assembly, he has it put together and set up in our house before the end of the day. All the tags and packaging are taken off and he gets everything ready for the baby. (I have convinced him to leave tags on clothes, however - just in case they don't fit or he doesn't get a chance to wear them.) He's definitely an excited daddy. With all of these gifts flowing in for me and the baby, what does he get? I sometimes wonder if he feels left out. What kind of gifts to you get for the father-to-be? Any suggestions?


No comments: