So I am now officially 36 weeks along - that means 4 more weeks to go (give or take)!
Yesterday was my last day of work. I am going to miss it, but at the same time, those 12 hour shifts were getting hard on my ever growing, evermore awkward body. It's kind of wierd to me that I'm even going to miss it, who misses work? But I guess that means that I really do enjoy my job and it's what I should be doing. There's nothing like taking care of those precious little babies and helping them get the start they need in life - even though it is at times heartbreaking.
So my first day of maternity leave is today. I must say I don't know what I'm going to do for the next 4 weeks. My routine is all thrown off! I did treat myself to a very relaxing pedicure this morning to celebrate :-) Maybe I'll just pamper myself until Colby comes - I'm sure there will be no pampering after!
I was supposed to have my weekly doctor's visit today. I drove the 35 minutes into Fresno, and after waiting about 20 minutes, I was informed that my doctor got called to do a STAT C-section and my appointment would have to be re-scheduled. Grrr. Actually, it wasn't that big of a deal to me, except for the drive in and back all for nothing. At least gas is getting cheaper... I wasn't looking forward to the weigh-in anyway!
I'm getting more and more Braxton-Hicks contractions. Last night, they were actually painful and woke me up a few times. I would wake up with a very tight belly and burning pain in my lower back. It would last a minute or two, then go away. Then I'd wake up again later on with the same feeling. Luckily I haven't had anymore today. I hope this isn't a sign that I'm going to have back labor when the real thing actually happens - that doesn't sound fun at all. But I guess neither does the alternative... so I'm thinking I'm going to have to endure whatever comes and take it. I'm a first-timer so I won't know the difference anyway, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment