I'm not sure that there is anything I enjoy more than going to the mountains and fishing. I think I even prefer this to a trip to Disneyland. It's so peaceful and beautiful and we can spend quality time together without the distractions. Camping would be super fun, but since we go for just one night, it's really not worth the work. Instead we stay in cute little private cabins that are part of the hotel. They are perfect.
In the morning after some donuts we headed up to the creek. Maci was all over the worms.
Colby not so much.
This was Maci's first time fishing. We got her a Princess fishing rod per her request.
The view was beautiful!
Kyle and I taught Colby how to cast his line.
He caught on pretty quick!
There were so many fish just sitting there in the water - we counted at least 10.
But they didn't even want to bite. Must have already eaten breakfast!
After a while we decided to head to the lake to try our luck. It is soooooo low this year. Only a little more than 60% full. We had to walk way down to get to the water, and when we did the kids just wanted to get in!
The water was so cold and to be honest it never even crossed my mind to pack bathing suits for a fishing trip. They really didn't mind. They waded on in pants and all.
And we tried a little fishing here, too.
No luck catching anything here, either. But to me, it was still an absolutely perfect day.
1 comment:
Sweet last picture. I love "camping" too.
Post a Comment