Friday, December 20, 2013

M-A-C-I

Dec. 13, 2013
Maci took an interest into writing her name, and one day was practicing on her own.  I wrote her name on a piece of paper for her to copy.

 She really liked writing "M" but most were coming out as "W."  Then I asked her to write her whole name and this is how she did it...
 Ok so she has an issue with stopping while writing her C's.  She can't resist finishing the circle!  But the really interesting thing is she wrote it exactly as above, which is exactly upside down and backwards.  So when I flipped it over, it came out right.
 I decided it was time to work with her while she had the interest.  So we started out by practicing each letter individually.



 She is quite proud of herself!
Here she is in action...
She still needs a lot of coaching to actually write her name in order, but she loves practicing her letters and is getting better at that.  Next step - the rest of the alphabet.  She isn't able to recognize her letters yet (I haven't worked with her at all on that).  Are we behind???  I worry too much about her sometimes I think because Colby learned those things practically on his own at such an early age.  Pretty sure I just need to relax.

No comments: