Kyle's parents treated the whole family to a trip to Disneyland. It just so happened to fall on Colby's birthday. Bonus for Colby - Disneyland on your birthday surely cannot be beaten. It was a great trip. And surprisingly we went 2 days with 5 kids, 6 adults and no meltdowns. Amazing! We rode everything we wanted to ride, saw all of the shows we wanted to see, and had a fun time doing it! Here's a little taste of the trip...
The kids at the hotel waiting to get to Disneyland (the matching shirts weren't even planned!).

We took the double stroller - a lifesaver!

We went to California Adventure first. My other lifesaver -this Ergo baby carrier I borrowed from a friend. I bought one as soon as I got home. I carried 20lb. Maci all around, took her on rides, she napped, and my back didn't hurt at all!
Here we are on Mickey's Ferris Wheel. We went on the rocking cars and it rocked A LOT! I was scared, but Maci and Colby loved it.

Mater and Lightning McQueen!
We caught the Playhouse Disney Live on Stage show. The kids were sooo into it. Even Maci!

Keegan and Maci at the show...

The boys singing and dancing along!
Bumper cars in A Bug's Land.
Yes, we let him have cotton candy. After all, it was his birthday - at Disneyland - how can you deny him?

Riding rides with Mommy.
Colby met lots of characters and he wasn't scared of any of them. He was pretty excited actually!
Goofy
Chip - or Dale, not really sure...
Pluto
Pinnochio and Gepetto
And the mouse himself, Mickey!
Riding the teacups with Grandma and Papa... Glad I wasn't in their teacup!
It was all decorated for Christmas, which was nice. We got to watch the Christmas Parade...
Then we went on "It's A Small World." The lights were fantastic! It inspired Kyle to step up his game on our house :)

The next day was another filled with rides and fun. Papa convinced Colby to go in the Haunted Mansion with him. The holding area before the ride freaked him out, but when he got in the doom buggy and started riding he was fine. It was all decorated like A Nightmare Before Christmas. *excuse me, ma'am. NO flash photography*

Dumbo!
Riding Kasey the Train - Colby was most excited about this ride I think. He has been watching Dumbo a lot lately. He recognized the song and was singing it the whole way. Then we would climb the hill and he would say "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!"
The park was busy, but we never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a ride so it wasn't too bad.

I think this was Kyle's favorite ride. The Buzz Lightyear Space Blasters. Like a giant video game where you shoot laser beams at targets and win points. He was super into it!

Riding Ariel's Adventure with Keegan and Maci.

I guess I was taking too many pictures...

I got the kids these cute Mickey and Minnie beanies to wear at night when it got cold, and I forgot them in the hotel! So we had them on the second day when it was warm outside... Silly me. We did get one picture in them, though before we headed out.
Thanks to Grandma and Papa for such a fun trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment