Thursday, July 28, 2011

Certified Lactation Specialist

I recently completed the Grow Our Own Lactation Consultant/IBCLC Prep Course. 15 months, 100 hours of education, clinical hours, homework, tests, the whole enchilada. The goal is to take my board exam to become an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). I still have to complete 1000 hours of assisting moms before I can sit for that exam, which hopefully will be next July (they only offer it once per year). But for completing the class and doing all of the work, I got my Certified Lactation Specialist certificate.
We had our graduation last Saturday to celebrate the end of our class.
Luckily, I had some friends from work take the class with me so I had some support and fun along the way. Here is Julia, Kristi, me and Hermalinda:
Kyle and the kiddos came to support me:

I think my 2 breastfed babies are pretty cute :)

Congratulations Mommy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! I worked for a lactation culsultant once while in college- nice types!

Camille said...

I'm crushed. You didn't tell me you had graduated! Way to go sister! I'm very proud of you. Do you need me to help you recruit breastfeeding mothers?