Monday, September 27, 2010

Adrienne's Wedding

I traveled to Seattle (by myself...eek!) a few weeks ago to be the matron of honor for my best friend's wedding. It made me feel old to be a matron, but I was sooooo excited to help Adrienne celebrate and get ready for her special day. Here are a few pics from the rehearsal dinner...
The restaurant had a very pretty view of a park and the lake (have no idea what the name of the lake was - sorry!
Adrienne and her husband to be, Joe.
We tried to get to bed at a decent hour, then the next day we had all of the fun! A pretty calm morning, followed by 4 girls getting ready in one hotel room with 1 mirror, then to the festivities! The wedding was outdoors and yes, the weather was beautiful despite being in Seattle where it always rains.
Here are the bridesmaids, me, Haley and Emily.
And the BEAUTIFUL bride...
Ok, pretty much everything about the wedding was beautiful. Nice fall colors, gorgeous flowers, natural, rustic atmosphere. Loved it!
The bride and groom having their first dance... They didn't tell ANYONE that they took dance lessons, and truly surprised us all with quite a number!
Yes, he is spinning her around over his head.
We ate, we danced, we had cake, and the happy couple rode out in style.
Let me tell you, being away from Kyle and Colby for 2.5 days was probably one of the hardest things I've done in quite a long time. I missed them sooooo much! But they did have some fun without me. Colby's incentive to stay home with Daddy and be a happy boy was that Daddy was going to take him to the John Deere store. He went and got a whole bunch of toys - it made his weekend! I had a blast at the wedding and wouldn't have missed it, but I was soooooooooo glad to be home.

1 comment:

Camille said...

Tell Annie I hope to see the dance at the reception in a couple of weeks.