Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Under the Weather

Ah, Colby's first illness...
Started with a fever on Saturday morning. It was low-grade and I wasn't too worried. We were in the mountains for Sat and Sunday and when we got home the temp just kept going up. Tylenol and Motrin around the clock and a trip to the doctor Monday morning. Checked eyes, ears, throat and nose. Flu test was negative. No rashes or bites to speak of. Monday afternoon he started with diarrhea (you really wanted to know that, didn't you?). So tomorrow we will go back to the doctor for a blood test to see if he has any other sort of infection. I may be overreacting, but for a kid who's never been sick, this is just not like him. I'm not liking it at all! And of course, as a nurse, I think of all the crazy rare illnesses that he could possibly have and that doesn't help my situation. I'm sure it's probably just a little bug that will go away on its own, but better safe than sorry. We'll see what the doctor says tomorrow.
My poor little guy cooling off with a cold washcloth.

4 comments:

Cara Cummings said...

Oh Colby, you look so sad! Cheer up buddy and get to feeling better so we don't have to worry about you anymore. Love you Colb Colb!

Sunny said...

He looks like one sick boy. Poor little guy!

It is just wrong to be sick in the summer time. At least in the winter you expect something to happen. I hope he gets better soon.

Monique said...

His symptoms sound like Madi every time she cut a tooth, it was horrible. Hope he's feeling better soon.

Camille said...

You're a trooper Colb! Auntie loves you!