Friday, April 17, 2009

Dilemma Update

You may remember that a few weeks ago, I posted a blog in despiration because my son just would not sleep! In case anyone is wondering what ever became of the situation, here's an update:

I gave in and decided that my sanity and sleep were more important than my will to keep Colby out of our bed. After one night, it turned out that he really didn't sleep any longer in the bed than he did in the bassinet, so that plan failed! Back to the bassinet he went.

I was talking to a mom of one of my patient's at work about my dilemma, and she gave me some very simple, but wonderful advice (bless her!). Colby had been on a 2 hour eating (more like snacking) schedule before. All I had to do was stretch him out to a 3 hour eating schedule and he would sleep better. I was skeptical at first, but I tried it. After a surprisingly easy 2 days, his schedule was changed to 3 hours without very much trouble at all. And guess what? He started sleeping so much better. Now he only wakes up 1 and sometimes 2 times a night. SOOOO much better than every 1.5-2 hours. And all because of an extra hour in between feedings! Who would have thought? (Actually, there are a lot of people that think it I guess, because this wonderful mother who gave me the advice is the teacher of a class all about it, and there's a whole book!)

How wonderful sleep is!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

I am glad you found a solution. Thank goodness!

Monique said...

isn't it great! Josh will be 4 months on Saturday and I'm taking him to a 4 hour wait inbetween. I'm looking forward to him sleeping through the night by 5 months.